QUIZ ON MADAGASCAR for Kids
Now it's time to see what you've learned about Madagascar.
Or skip this to see more resources about Madagascar.
More resources about Madagascar
- Madagascar is the _________ largest island in the world.
- Madagascar is an island in the ____________ Ocean off the coast of ______________.
- True or false. Madagascar is a little larger than the state of California.
- Madagascar was a colony of ______________.
- True or false. Pirates once controlled the waters around parts of Madagascar.
- True or false. The first known European to see Madagascar was Portuguese sea captain who was blown off course on the way to India.
- Madagascar is famous for its _____________, a spice that comes from an orchid and is used to flavor ice cream.
- ____________ is the most popular food in Madagascar.
- The people of Madagascar are called the _______________.
- The people of Madagascar speak a language that came from __________________.
- Today Madagascar is a ________________, meaning all people have the right to vote.
- Lemurs are _____________, related to monkeys and apes.
- The fossa is a _____________ in that it only eats other animals. Ring tailed-lemurs are herbivores in that they primarily eat fruit, leaves, and flowers.
- ____________ are lizards that have the ability to change colors.
- The largest lemur is the _____________.
- 75% of Madagascar's animals are ______________, meaning they are found no place else on Earth.
- True or false. Madagascar doesn't have any snakes that are dangerous to humans.
- True or false. Lemurs are also found on mainland Africa.
- True or false. Geckos can change colors to reflect their emotions.
- True or false. The tomato frog releases a toxic substance to protect it from predators.
- Madagascar was once home to giant elephant birds but they went _________________. Therefore elephant birds are no longer found in Madagascar.
- True or false. The rosy periwinkle plant has been used to cure cancer.
- True or false. Cactus are naturally found in the spiny forest of Madagascar.
- True or false. The baobab tree stores water in its trunk.
- Madagascar's forests are disappearing due to _____________________.
- Many of Madagascar's reptiles and amphibians are being collected for the ___________ trade.
- Soil __________ hurts the economy of Madagascar but reducing agricultural yields.
- True or false. Bushmeat refers to the hunting of wild animals for food.
- True or false. Madagascar has one of the best park systems in Africa.
- True or false. Ecotourism can help protect Madagascar's environment while providing jobs for local people.
< Previous Page | Main Page | Next Page >